During this lockdown somewhere we all are missing the street food. So, I brought to you a very innovative recipe i.e. “Paneer Tikka Cone Chaat”. The best part of this recipe is we do not have to use any readymade cones or any mould to make those cones. We are keeping it very simple and unique, we will use stainless steel glasses for making these cones.
This is way similar to the “Katori Chaat” but the magic is that Paneer Tikka Stuffing inside the cones. Also, you don’t have to use an oven, microwave, or tandoor to make the Paneer Tikka.
So, these “Paneer Tikka Cones” are perfect for your evening snacks, kids’ parties, and kitty parties.
INGREDIENTS FOR MAKING CONES:-
- All-purpose flour (2 cups)
- Semolina (4 tbsp)
- Salt (as per taste)
- Oil (4 tbsp)
- Water (as needed)
- Oil for frying
INGREDIENTS FOR PANEER TIKKA:-
- Hung curd (¾ cup)
- Gram flour (2 tbsp)
- Onions (1 cup)
- Tomatoes (¾ cup)
- Capsicum (¾ cup)
- Cottage cheese (1 cup)
- Salt (as per taste)
- Red chilli powder (½ tbsp)
- Coriander powder (1 tbsp)
- Garam masala (½ tbsp)
- Black pepper (½ tbsp)
- Oil (2 tbsp)
BUY ALL THE INGREDIENTS FROM AMAZON HERE:-
- Oil: https://amzn.to/2z25gyw
- All-purpose flour: https://amzn.to/2AkZsRf
- Salt: https://amzn.to/3bP58ke
- Red chilli powder: https://amzn.to/2yg3l9o
- Coriander powder: https://amzn.to/3dTGTSL
- Garam masala: https://amzn.to/3g3IKGu
- Black pepper: https://amzn.to/2zBcqdJ
- Gram flour: https://amzn.to/2zKb3sA
- Semolina: https://amzn.to/2AC6QIr
- Electronic vegetable chopper: https://amzn.to/3dUCxuB
- Pigeon non-stick cookware set: https://amzn.to/3dSM3Oy
- Induction cooktop: https://amzn.to/2YndIB5
- Hand blender: https://amzn.to/3hcMciv
- Mixer Grinder: https://amzn.to/2BP9FWJ
- Dinner set: https://amzn.to/2BS326a
METHOD FOR MAKING PANEER TIKKA CONES:-
- In a mixing bowl take 2 cups of all-purpose flour, add 4 tbsp semolina, salt as per taste, and mix them all together,
- Add 4 tbsp oil and start kneading the dough with added oil only, when it starts holding shape on binding its the perfect texture,
- Now start kneading the dough by adding water gradually,
- Now cover it and put it on rest for about 30 minutes,
- Meanwhile we are going to prepare marination for Paneer tikka, in a mixing bowl add ¾ cup hung curd, 2 tbsp gram flour, 1 cup chopped onions, ¾ cup chopped tomatoes, ¾ cup chopped capsicum, 1 cup chopped cottage cheese, salt as per your taste or 1 tbsp, ½ tbsp red chilli powder, 1 tbsp coriander powder, ½ tbsp garam masala, ½ tbsp black pepper, 2 tbsp oil and mix them well,
- Cover it and let it rest for about 30 minutes,
- Check the dough, knead a little again to make it smooth,
- Take a small portion and make a ball, flatten it with the help of a rolling pin,
- Take a steel glass and wrap the sheet around it, secure and paste the ends with the help of water,
- Deep fry the cones on low flame till they become golden brown from all the sides,
- Take them out from the oil, and let it become cool and crispy,
- Fry the marinated cottage cheese in a pan with about 2 tbsp oil in it till it forms a crispy layer over it,
- Apply some coriander chutney inside the cone, sprinkle aloo bhujiya or sev and stuff with the prepared paneer tikka stuffing,
- Top with some more aloo bhujiya and the paneer tikka cones are ready to serve.
- You have to knead a very hard dough.
- The vegetables that you will use for paneer tikka should be finely chopped, as we have to stuff them in a cone.
- Remove the centre part of the tomatoes, just use the walls.
- The sheet that you will roll should be slightly thick.
- Don’t take out the glasses while making the cones until they are fried well, otherwise, the cone will not hold its shape.
- You can store these cones in an airtight container for a month.