Stuffed Mango Kulfi by Jayati Singhal
Malai Kulfi is a traditional Indian Icecream. Kulfi is a frozen dairy dessert that is very famous in India. Kulfi is usually made of the milk mixture and sugar and various flavors like dry fruits, fruits, or various fresh essence. We are going to make this Malai Kulfi by stuffing it in a Mango. This looks delicious and tastes like a fresh frozen flavored Mango.
INGREDIENTS FOR MAKING MANGO STUFFED KULFI:-
METHOD FOR MAKING STUFFED MANGO KULFI:-
- In a pan take about 1/2litre Full fat Milk and let it boil,
- When the milk starts boiling keep stirring it and ensure it doesn’t form any cream over it,
- Keep scraping the cream hold on the edges and keep mixing it in milk, this will make your kulfi soft,
- When the milk reduces to half of its quantity add 3/4 cup sugar,
- Keep cooking it on low flame till it becomes thick,
- Add 1/2 tbsp cardamom powder for a fresh flavor,
- When the Milk mixture becomes thick add some chopped almonds and let it cool on room temperature,
- Take a fresh mango and cut its upper part,
- Separate the Mango pulp with mango seed with the help of a knife or spoon,
- Then twist the seed with a tong and take it out of the Mango,
- Stuff the Mango with the prepared milk mixture and cover it,
- Freeze it for 7-8 hours or overnight,
- After freezing it, peel off the skin of Mango,
- Cut it into the desired shape(circular, vertical or bite-sized pieces),
- Serve chilled.
- If your milk doesn’t get thick dissolve 1 tbsp cornflour in some milk and add it to the milk mixture,
- If your milk doesn’t gets thick take 2 white bread slices, cut their outer parts, grind them with some milk and make a paste, then add this paste to the milk mixture,
- You can replicate the Mango with other fruits.